In order to pack islands to a non-square texture follow the procedure:
- unwrap your islands in the usual manner so that they are not deformed when displayed at the unit UV square,
- open or create a non-square texture in the UV editor. You will notice that islands will be now deformed,
- next step is adjusting islands to the texture, i.e. applying a non-uniform scaling so that they have correct proportions with the given texture. You can do it manually, you can also use the add-on to perform scaling automatically. In order to do that, select all islands you want to adjust and click Adjust Islands To Texture button. You will see that islands will have correct proportions after this action is done (they will no longer be deforemed by the non-square texture). Note that this operation must be performed only once for the given set of islands,
- enable the Use Texture Ratio option in the Non-Square Packing panel,
- from now on you can run the packing operation normally. You can pack islands multiple times and their proportions will always be correct with the given non-square texture.
Note that you can now use the Pack To Others option also when packing to a non-square texture. However, remember that all new islands you want to pack must be adjusted to the given non-square texture first (for example by using the Adjust Islands To Texture operation).
You can also undo the adjustment operation. In order to do that, select the given islands and click Undo Islands Adjustment button. After the action is done, the islands will be deformed again when displayed with the non-square texture. When you close the texture you will see that the islands will have correct proportions at the unit UV square. Note that for the undo operation to work properly, the texture used at the time of undoing must have the same ratio as the texture the islands were originally adjusted to.