Island Rotation Step
The Island Rotation Step functionality allows the rotation step to be defined individually for every island. In order to use it, enable the checkbox in the Island Rotation Step subpanel header:
By default all islands will have a special G rotation step value assigned to them – it means that they will use the global Rotation Step setting from the Packing Options panel.
Assigning the rotation step value 0 to particular islands will prevent them from being rotated during packing at all.
In order to pack with the rotation step value on a per-island level:
- select all islands for which you want to set a new rotation step value
- choose a new value to be set using the Rotation Step Value parameter
- press the Set Rotation Step button. You will see that the new rotation step value will be displayed over the selected islands in the UV editor as a confirmation that the operation was successful,
- repeat the above steps for all islands for which you want to assign a specific rotation step value
- finally press the Pack button – islands will use rotation step values defined on a per-island level
If you would like specific islands to use the global rotation step value again (the default behavior), select these islands and press the Reset Rotation Step button.